Thursday, October 27, 2011

Patiently Waiting (Again)


Two years ago, inspired by a friend in our birthing class and fueled by my passion to journal and take pictures, I began this blog. My hope was that friends and family who were far away could share in our joy and watch our family grow. This is the image that started it all... me (almost 8 & 1/2 months pregnant) & Michael, sitting by a favorite tree at a local nature center and "patiently waiting."

It is unimaginable to me that just two years later we are waiting for the birth of our second child! As I continue with my long list of items I would like to accomplish before Baby2 arrives, we decided to take advantage of the gorgeous weekend weather and hike to our favorite tree for a family photo!




Miles ran most of the way, but when he finally tired out Papa carried him in the backpack.


When we arrived the canopy filtered the fall sunlight through the leaves and the light was just glowing all around. We snapped a photo of Miles standing alone by the tree...


...to compare it with the one we took almost exactly one year ago! It is truly amazing how much he has grown and changed. Now in just a few short weeks he is going to be a big brother!


Here is his twenty-two month photo.


And here I am about 8 & 1/2 months pregnant!


This will probably be one of the last family photos with just the three of us. We are truly filled with excitement when we imagine who this new being is that will be joining us (very) soon.

Because I know I will want to continue to take photos and document our story for family and friends who are far away, I have decided to create a new blog to commemorate our growing family. Please be sure to keep up with us as our family grows on The Triant Quartet. We will be "moving" there officially as soon as this baby arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment