Saturday, October 22, 2011

Then & Now

It is hard to believe that just two short years ago we were waiting to have a baby... for the first time. As my due date drew closer I found solace in the fact that my (then) new friend Sarah was also waiting for her first baby to arrive. We took this photo after an outing to Marie Catrib's for lunch where we ate spicy potatoes to induce labor (unsuccessfully) and hoped we would soon meet our babies. Both of our due dates came and went... and our labors were very different than we imagined. Thankfully we both ended up with healthy babies in our arms.




This photo was taken a few weeks ago... and here we are again! This time with our first babies by our side as we wait. It was really hard to believe that we were both expecting within weeks of each other for round two!

Sarah delivered a beautiful baby boy on October 20th!


On Friday we had a wonderful impromptu "B-Girls" visit and delivered Nantucket pizza to the hospital. We snapped a photo to commemorate the event (and yes I am wearing the same scarf as I was two years ago ~ it is still a favorite ~ and I am a creature of habit :-). As we were leaving it occurred to me that if Sarah had her baby, then I am next in line to deliver baby #2. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment