Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 10, 2009 ~ Photographs


As I continue to “nest” my cleaning and organizing has taken the form of digging through and sorting drawers of old photographs. Considering that we have known each other for seventeen years now, and I have always been obsessed with documenting through photography, we have tons of pictures together! Needless to say I dug up some treasures as I cleaned, so I will share them with you.

For those of you who knew us when, you will probably get a huge kick out of this photo from 1994 when Michael and I were in high school and painting the mural. I was a senior and he was a sophomore, and I still can’t believe they let us paint that provocative image of the “Tree of Life” in the school stairwell.


Then after years of being apart, we finally managed to get back in the same state and get married in 2005! I look in those faces and I can still see the kids we were. I feel so blessed to have already shared so many memories with the love of my life. We have traveled the world, started projects close to home, cooked countless meals together, and he still makes me laugh like I’m a teenager!

As this imminent birth draws nearer I can’t help but imagine what the rest of the photographs of our life will look like. Our “family portraits” are about to grow from two to three members. I wonder who this person is… this person that we will cherish, and inevitably take thousands of photographs of! I can't wait to meet him or her, and to share our first family portrait with you!

1 comment:

  1. You are a treasure. So glad you are sharing your story. Oh, so soon Baby T will be here snuggling both of you. Much love to all three of you.
    Jen, Brian, the boys, and our little honey

    ReplyDelete